The Rabbit Warren
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chatter

5 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

General Chatter - Page 4 Empty Re: General Chatter

Post  Luke Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Yeah that was sweet. I haven't seen any season 2 yet either. We shall have to invest in the box set when it comes out and add it to the pile of shit screaming "JUST FUCKIN' WATCH ME!" which seems to slowly but surely building itself into an empire and taking on a life of its own like The Blob.
Luke
Luke

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Fine, fine. I'll see how Lucas goes, and we'll save Bambi for special occasions. Like days that end with Y.

I totally rocked city link by the way. I fucking hate freeways. But Kim is safely tucked away at the airport.

You know what rocks? The Royal Tenenbaums.
Lisa
Lisa

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

I still have not come around to calling myself a fan of anything Wes Anderson. I saw Tenenbaums years ago and didn't like it so I'd like to sit down and watch his films again because I think there's potential there for me to join the cult following.

We should all get together for a movie night and bring something to the table that no one else has seen before. Spread the knowledge, ya'll.

Last edited by Luke on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonJ Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:40 pm

I likes the sounds of that. I'm kind of done for the eve. What's everyone doing tonight? Friday's a pubic holiday.

do_ob

That's right.
SimonJ
SimonJ
Admin

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-12-19

https://greenrabbit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:42 pm

I have a confession to make. I put on Britney Spears' newest album Blackout and rather than pressing stop I cranked the volume considerably. GIMME GIMME MORE, GIMME MORE, GIMME GIMME MORE. The very first lyric on the opening track is, "It's Britney, bitch".

I'm wide open tonight. I'm up for doing something crazy, perhaps even regrettable.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:45 pm

I have to meet two of my boyfriends for dinner in the city at 8:30. But after that, I'm free as a bird.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonJ Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:46 pm

_ _ what's that?
o_o/
| |----b-
SimonJ
SimonJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:49 pm

You have TWO boyfriends? Respect!
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:51 pm

I use the term boyfriend loosely. One of them's as gay as the day is long, but the other one is....well, gay as the day is long.

OMG How can you not like The Royal Tenenbaums. The scene where Richie tries to kill himself? Genius. Everything that is brilliant and sad and beautiful about the world is in that scene. I love it.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonJ Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:54 pm

I must admit I'm not that big a fan of that particular scene. Self-indulgent suicide scenes bother me at the best of times, and staring into the mirror scenes get my goat. When you combine them, I feel uneasy. But the rest of the filim, gold.
SimonJ
SimonJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:39 pm

I've been frequenting the Book and the Burrow all night long but the loneliness just won't go away. Screw you all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 pm

What are you on about, Lucas? Aren't you coming over?
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:01 pm

I didn't know there was a plan. Or is this one you just devised?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Tch. I'm so fucking tired I can barely stand up to get my dinner. You guys are awesome.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Lisa, do you wanna hang out until Simon finishes work? It's Satuday night, it's cold and raining, and I need some company. I decided not to go out drinking.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Surely; I'm just mooching around the house. Do you want me to come and pick you up?
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:12 pm

In a simple answer, yes. And I'll tell you why. If I had to make my own way there, it would be via public transport. First, I'd have to get a tram to that connecting stop on Flemington Rd. Then I'd have to wait for the 55 from there. We're looking at potentially a 2 hour ETA if you take into account that I'm eating dinner and require showering. But if you're too tired to drive, I understand completely.

On a different note, I'm enjoying my first vegetables for the week in a delicious Thai stir fry. And work today was just awful. Ended up staying on til 8pm because they forgot to roster people on til chose. Idiots.

So Lisa, I shall probably be ready in about 30 mins. Shall I give you a calleroonie when I'm ready? Oh and it might actually help if I had your number.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:21 pm

I don't know....that 2 hour trip sounds like something you shouldn't miss.

Yes, just give me a buzz or a text when you're ready, and I'll mosey on over.

edit: I do love stalkers, but I'll be sensible. Better safe than sorry and all that.

Last edited by Lisa on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Got it. Feel free to edit your post if you're not a fan of stalkers.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonJ Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:10 pm

It's not stalking if you manage to never be seen.
SimonJ
SimonJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:05 am

Oh Baxter, you are my little gentleman. I'll take you to foggy London town.

This burrito is good, but it is filling.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonJ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:12 am

Well, ich bin tired
Arriving at my Auntie's where my nana was staying, all seemed to be good and well. I went to bed early, about 9pm, because I was suitably tired after a weekend of not much sleep. Before long, i was woken by my Aunt. Nana was in immense pain, crying, moaning. The drugs we had weren't working, so we went into the Dandy Valley hospital. Six hours later - 3am - we got home, not much the better and still unsure what was causing the pain in her legs and back. I slept for 4 hours then was woken by at 7am by my alarm to take her to her neurologist. We got there and i grilled the shit out of her Doctor, who i feel is a douchebag and doesn't listen to her, treats diseases and not patients and bristled under my relentless pressing of questions. After getting out of him what I could, i managed to read between the lines and interpret what he was saying to nana, who felt relieved someone had finally explained what was wrong with her. The dickhead wouldn't tell us properly and i had to do my own doctoring to work it out fully. Thankfully, my nana was very pleased that I'd come because I asked the questions she wouldn't have thought of. All my time around doctors, hospitals, jargon and timewasters paid off. So i drove nana home and set up a regime of drugs and pain relief treatments in concert with the doctor's dubious orders, took her prescription to the pharmacist, who didn't have the drug, so i got him to order it and gave him my Aunt's and my own number then went back, left a big long letter for my dad and aunt, called them, updated them, made sure the nana was ok, set up drugs next to her bedside table and put her to bed to nap. I'm home now at 2pm, exhausted, and for some goddamn reason, something in my room smells of shit. I fear Checkers has left me a gift.

I look forward to your company tonight friends. My nana's peril is saddening and I am drained.
SimonJ
SimonJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:25 am

Oh, Simon. I’m sorry. I’m giving you a big telepathic hug. Can you feel it? Doctors are assholes (not all of them, obviously, I’m generalising in a rash and inaccurate fashion), and even though it’s tough to deal with, I’m glad you were able to straighten some stuff out at least.

I'm a bit of a grump today. I think that we all need a couple of good night’s sleep to recapture our joie de vivre.

In far more frivolous and silly news, I’m totally going to book myself in at David Jones to get my make up done for the 90s party. And buy myself a new pair of shoes. Although I haven’t decided on a final theme yet - grunge? Preppy? Mod? Skater? Can’t decide…..BRAIN ANEURYSM!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonJ Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:41 am

Hello. I would like to report that not even 2 seconds after I read the last line of that post, Jack Black himself was singing it over my speakers. FREAKY!

Thanks for the brain hug. I need it. You in for tonight? I'm going to nap befo' hand.

And I love that you're getting full on make up done. I'm all about that. Smile farao
SimonJ
SimonJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:45 am

Yep, yep. I'll be credit carding it, because I have only slightly more than $20 in the bank, but I'll be there. Gettin' paid tomorrow. Glory be to the giver of the paycheck.

I feel that everyone should be privy to my stupidity. I was just looking at a beam of light on a wall, and I kept squinting at it, and willing it to get smaller, and it did. I actually thought I was manipulating light with my mind. I turned around and the blind on the window was moving, and gradually letting less light in. I think I’m tired.

Did everyone like your spiffy new jumper?
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum